CAROO aims to protect and respect the privacy of users of this website and is committed to this objective. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will use and process it.
This Policy should be read in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions, some defined terms in that document are used in this Policy, set out below for convenience:
Candidate; means any person registering with CAROO or using any of our services to assist with a job search or career progression;
Employer; means any company, firm, person or organisation (other than Recruiters who are prohibited from using the Services) who uses the Services in connection with the recruitment of staff or personnel to its own organisation or group companies;
Caroo App; means the web application made available by CAROO for Candidates to access the Services and the Website;
Website means our website at www.caroo.co.uk;
This Policy explains how we use and process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, when you use our Websites or our Services. Personal data will include data that we collect or you send to us when you access or use our Services, the Website and/or the Caroo App (collectively, the “Caroo Services”).
This Policy covers only data that we collect through the Caroo Services, and not the data collection practices of any third party, including any third-party operators of web pages to which the Services link.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and any succeeding legislation, the data controller in respect of personal data collected by Caroo in the course of providing the Services, is CAROO.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Gareth Peterson.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you, for example, depending on the services you use:
- Credit card and billing information from Employers (for services requiring payment).
- If you are an Employer, we may request that you provide certain personal information to Caroo in order to open or verify your account, such as contact and company details.
- Information imported by you or your connections from third party applications.
- If you are an Employer, details of transactions you carry out through our Services and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- A Candidate’s race, health or gender, but only if the Candidate chooses to provide it as part of his or her profile/registration; such information or other sensitive personal data is not requested or required by Caroo.
- Details of your visits to our Website and use of the Caroo App, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
When you create an account with us, log into your account, upload content or otherwise interact with us or the Caroo Services in any way, we collect such data relating to you. This may include, but is not limited to, your full name, email address, telephone number (including mobile phone number), user name, password, street address, gender, occupation and any other data included in a submitted profile or resume. This includes information about you from third party websites, for example profile information from Facebook used by us to facilitate the registration and logging in process when registering and/or logging in to our Service.
We may carry out automated collection and analysis of information about you from your access devices, such as IP address and the domain name from which you accessed the Caroo Services, your browser type, device type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This information, and some other information we collect, is needed to provide personalized and location-based content as well as for analysing web traffic, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving our services. We may combine this information with information in your account to help prevent fraud.We may match your IP address (or any other information) with other information about you in any way permitted by applicable law. If you create an account with us, information may be collected under your account email address.
If you access or use the Caroo Services on mobile devices, including smart phones and tablets, we collect mobile device identifiers, such as MAC Address, and IP Address. We may create and assign to your device an identifier that is similar to an account number and collect the name you have associated with your device, device type, telephone number, country, and any other information you choose to provide, such as user name, geolocation or email address.
This information is necessary for providing personalised and location-based content as well as for analysing web traffic, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving our services. We may combine this information with information in your account to help prevent fraud.
Cookies are files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track and store information about the user’s interactions and use of the Website. This allows the Website to provide the users with a tailored experience when using the Website.
If you wish to prevent the use and saving of cookies from the Website on to your computer’s hard drive you should change your web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this Website and its external suppliers.
The Website may use referral programs, sponsored links or adverts where other cookies are stored to your computer’s hard drive by external suppliers. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Where we store your data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with the Services and other information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out any duties or obligations from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Where you are a Candidate, to pass onto Employers in order that they can use our Services.
- To endeavour to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and other devices.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. We may share your information with third parties who help us deliver our products and services to you. These third parties may not use your information for any other purpose, unless you have consented to this.
We may share information to third parties but only if you have consented. For example, we may use your information to contact you about products or services available from us or our affiliates. If you provide opt in consent, we may supply your information to third parties who may contact you about their products or services. You may change your contact preferences by adjusting your notification settings.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, where you have not consented, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in N16). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Other disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If CAROO or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply or software licence and other agreements;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of CAROO, our users, service providers or others, for example, exchanging information with other organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.